As you will need to know some aussie Slang to get through the immigration test, I have included some here for you to learn. There is also a site to visit for some more. If you can create a sentence using aussie slang then they will let you through immigration. I'm sure Michelle will have a crack at it!
http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Amber fluid : beer
Arvo : afternoon
Aussie (pron. Ozzie) : Australian
Bloody oath! : that's certainly true
Brick shit house, built like a : big strong bloke
Budgie smugglers : men's bathing costume
Chunder : vomit
Dead dingo's donger, as dry as a : dry
Dinkum, fair dinkum : true, real, genuine ("I'm a dinkum Aussie"; "is he fair dinkum?")
Dinky-di : the real thing, genuine
Dipstick : a loser, idiot
Flat out like a lizard drinking : flat out, busy
Gutful of piss : drunk, "he's got a gutful of piss"
Kangaroos loose in the top paddock : Intellectually inadequate ("he's got kangaroos loose in the top paddock")
No worries! : Expression of forgiveness or reassurance (No problem; forget about it; I can do it; Yes, I'll do it)
Not the full quid : not bright intellectually
Pig's arse! : I don't agree with you
Pom, pommy : an Englishman
Pommy bastard : an Englishman
Pommy shower : using deodorant instead of taking a shower
Pommy's towel, as dry as a : very dry - based on the canard that Poms bathe about once a month
Seppo : an American
Shag on a rock, stands out like a : very obvious
Shit house (noun) : toilet, lavatory
Strewth : exclamation, mild oath ("Strewth, that Craig is a bonzer bloke")
Wobbly boot on, he's got the : drunk
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment